Data - possibly the most important resource of the 21st century
Advancements in ML (machine learning) and the rapid adoption of AI (artificial intelligence) have led to a growth in demand for data professionals, across a diverse mix of sectors. From pharmaceuticals to banking, manufacturing to education, the rise of the “digital first” mindset has caused the market for data roles to soar - both Machine Learning Engineers and Data Engineers were listed by LinkedIn as two of the fastest-growing job titles in the UK over the past five years in their annual Jobs On The Rise study.
The three main roles within a data team - a data engineer, a data
analyst, and a data scientist - cover the beginning-to-end process of
gathering, analysing, and actioning data within a business. A full and
successful data team will ideally have at least one of each, but these roles
and responsibilities can overlap in smaller businesses or teams.
Although businesses and job descriptions will vary, the responsibilities of each data role are typically divided as such:
- Data Engineer - A role in data engineering involves creating and building the system that gathers relevant data, and maintaining this system for other members of the business to use.
- Data Analyst - A data analyst extracts the data gathered by the engineer to examine. They’ll create algorithms to optimize the data extraction and draw logical and objective conclusions from the data to benefit the business.
- Data Scientist - Data science overlaps with data analysis to a degree, but the former is more focused on drawing subjective judgements. A Data Scientist is responsible for making predictions based on the gathered data, and presenting these findings to the business for them to act on.
Our team of consultants have years of experience recruiting the very best talent for a variety of business, from emerging start-ups to multinational PLCs. We’re experts at creating the perfect partnership between a candidate and a job opportunity, weighing up the desired skills and characteristics of the role with the ethos and culture of the business to find the best possible fit.
Roles we recruit for include, but aren’t limited to:
- Data Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Data Architect
- Data Scientist
- Database Developer
- DBA (Database Administrator)
- Machine Learning Engineer
Check out our latest Data & Business Intelligence jobs now
If you can't see the role for you in the list below, get in
touch with our consultant team and we can discuss your options
Database Administrator £55,000 - £65,000Office Based Birmingham An exciting opportunity to join a prominent logistics and supply chain organisation ...
£55000 - £65000View job
Database Administrator SQL
Database Administrator£65,000 - Hybrid (Remote with occasional work from Warrington)The exciting opportunity to join a leading innovator in cloud-bas ...
£60000 - £65000View job
AWS Data Engineer
AWS Data Engineer Stafford - £60,000 - £80,000 + Benefits Applause IT are looking for an AWS Data Engineer to join a rapidly growing consultancy in ...
£60000 - £80000View job